When Your Birthday Rolls Around
Because you mean so much to me,

I celebrate your birth.

Sharing time and space with you,

Rings my bell for all it’s worth.


Whenever your birthday rolls around,

I contemplate once more,

How happy I am that you were born;

The thought makes my heart soar.


As we observe your birthday now,

Your cake and gifts don't matter much.

These common things aren't really you,

Ribbons, paper hats and such.


We celebrate a person who

Brings happiness to everyone,

Someone who gives more than she gets,

And fills our lives with joy and fun


I wish your birthdays happened more,

Cause I am not next to you right now,

So I could let you know,

How very much I do love you,

And so I could tell you so!


Dear IBU

Happy Birthday!


May each birthday be better than the last.

Most of all,

I hope you will always be

As happy as you have made me

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    what a Great poem it is, kiaa..it has made me so touched..huhuhu...u are so poetic u know...4 thumbs up!:)
    ale zachhbidin said...
    ultah emak gw kapan yah?
    gw gak tahu hehehhe
    Joddie microphonist said...
    Wah syg yh dek, g bsa ngrayain m nyokap d indonesia. .
    Jgn lupa oleh2ny y. .
    Tp made in Us loh, jgn made in chinna p mexico. . Haha. .
    zakia el muarrifa said...
    @mba azzah: makasih mba. itu belom cukup buat ibu. terlalu sederhana dan kacangan sebenernya:(

    @ale: ya ampuuuuuuuuun durhaka lo le. ckckck parah dah! jangan kepikiran anak pilipin mulu makanya

    @joddie: iya. ulang tahunku tahun ini juga ga ada ibu. tapi ada mommy. yah, setidaknya jadi pengganti ibu, sementara. meski hanya lahirnya saja. oleh2nya ceritaaa:p
    Anonymous said...
    puitis banget koe nduk...

    eh, d'kluwung belom jadi silaturahim kerumah je zaa..kami bingung mau kapan..kita ga tau kapan ayahanda dan bundamu stay di rumah......
    zakia el muarrifa said...
    haha weekend pagi insya Allah di rumah. minggu pagi gitu deh say. ga harus juga sih, itu terserah kalian..:)

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds